COOKEVILLE, Tenn. — Averitt Express has released the results from its fourth annual State of The North American Supply Chain Survey. More than 2,300 shippers from a wide variety of industries throughout North America participated in the survey, which was conducted in late 2018.
The survey consisted of a series of questions aimed at gauging the supply chain challenges that shippers experienced in 2018. They were also asked questions to measure the use of and interest in various supply chain services in comparison to data taken from the previous years’ surveys.
Some of the questions asked in the survey included:
- Are businesses predicting an increase or decrease in shipments in 2019?
- What were the biggest challenges with carriers in 2018?
- Did tariffs have a negative or positive impact on your business in 2018?
Results from the survey were compiled into a white paper that is available to download for free on Averitt’s website. The white paper will be a valuable resource that shippers can use to help plan their supply chain strategy for the year ahead.
Conclusions drawn from the survey of shippers included:
- 26.05% experienced challenges with freight capacity in 2018
- 69.59% expect to ship more freight in 2019 than last year – a 6.3 percentage point decrease from the previous year’s survey
- 41% viewed trade tariffs as having a negative impact on their business in 2018 in comparison to only 5% that reported positive effects